Monday, May 30, 2016

Another Week in Cambodia

Dear Family and Friends,

All my letters start off the same way, but nothing really happened this week, so not much to tell you guys about. We had 4 investigator lessons fall through... haha. They just didn't show up... things always seem so good at the beginning of the day, looking at our day that we have planned, and then things never go the way we plan them to and we have a ton of free time on our hands and contacting doesn't really work here. No one wants to listen to us. We start talking to them and they just keep walking... not even giving us the time of day. At first I took it super personally, that is was because I was white and couldn't speak their language perfectly, but they do it to Sister Soem too; that made me feel a little bit better about myself. (: When people just walk right past us, we just look at each other and just laugh. I’m getting really good at taking things as they really are and just laughing at it. That's really all we can do to stay sane here. (:

Investigators wise, we still only have the 1, Jia Mian, and she's not really progressing... she just isn't keeping her commitments. She tells us how bad she wants to get baptized but then doesn't read the Book of Mormon or come to church. I'm not baptizing her until she has a habit of doing both, so this could take some time... haha.  I just know that if we baptize her now she will immediately go inactive. She has to show us that she is truly converted before we will baptize her. We also need to know that she is doing it for herself and not for us. It’s tough to try and find a balance.

On a happier note, we had 6 less actives come to church yesterday!!! I was so so so happy. Something we taught them stuck with them and helped them feel the spirit. Cool. Gotta love it when that happens. (: Two of them, they are sisters, you bined and sday owey'd them... which means to just call them out, so that's the reason they came, but as for the other ones, they felt the spirit. Hopefully they all keep coming!!! (:

That’s all I've got for you guys this week. Keep reading your scriptures every day, praying every

day, and going to church every week. NEVER GO INACTIVE. Literally the worst thing you could do for yourselves. If I don't learn anything else on my mission (don't worry I am learning lots more than this) at least I know that I will NEVER go less active. Love you all so much. Thank you for the sweet birthday emails and for the prayers and words of encouragement and love. You guys are the BEST!!! (:

love,
Sister Loftus
Double D




Aren't they just the cutest?? I took out my camera and they both just started posing and cheesing it up. They are kids of a less active and up until this point they hated me, but they love me now. (: The younger one always says "cumbrisupsue Sister". It just melts my heart as he sompayas me (when they put their hands together and up to your face) so stinking cute. 




Birthday bash that actually took place over a week ago. So fun. Just to let you know all this food was cooked in the dark because we didn't have any power. (: One birthday party I will never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment