Monday, November 14, 2016

Transfer cong kraoy (the last transfer....)


Dear Family and Friends, 
 
This week was really really long and I’m not really sure why, but it was really good at the same time. Monday was like the funniest p-day ever. We did Srei Sarts. We went to a photo studio and got our hair and makeup all done up and dressed up like Khmers. It was so so so fun!!! Not a whole lot to say, you guys can just look at the pictures and freak out like everyone else about how it DOESN"T look like me at all. All the members don't believe that's it me... haha I've wanted to do this my whole mission and finally did. Good choice to do it with Sister Hall and Sister Luke. They are the most fun. When the lady put the finishing touches on my clothes she said koon khmer hauy (Khmer child already) and I just started laughing. Then we biked to the mission home with our makeup still all pretty and got flu shots. Great day. (: haha 

We had some tender mercy's happen this week. We have some families that have multiple less actives in them, but we can typically only meet one, but the lord was preparing the way for us and we were able to meet with two new less actives this week. We were so excited!!! One of them said that she is planning on coming back to church in 1-2 months. I was so excited!! As for the other one... she is in a really really tough situation right now. Her grandma and her dad just passed away, she failed a test at school, and then she lost her job. She feels like the lord has forsaken her and she has no desire to pray or read her scriptures... I don't know how to help her and I don't think she'll meet with us again for a while, but her cousin, who she lives with, is a great RM, so I hope that she helps her out to regain her faith. (: 

Tola is still good but she went to her srok for the water festival.. so we didn't get to see her on Saturday, but our lesson on Tuesday went well. Then we met with Bunleu again. She is so nonchalant in the lessons, like super chill, but she is feeling the spirit and she went to church for all three hours again. She’s surprising me. I love her!! She just laughs at me. haha and then this week on Sunday we started teaching a new investigator. Her name is Marina... she has been coming to church for years. Like her whole life, but three weeks ago her mom came up to us and told us that we needed to teach her again and baptize her cause she never got confirmed... remember her? I think I told you about her before... but we finally met with her and she blew my mind. She is so cool!!! Way cute and talks a ton. She knows more about this gospel than I do. "Golden investigator" for sure. (: She’ll get baptized way fast. (: She has read the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Bible all the way through already. WHAT?? So good!!! Super cool. as for Zeekaa... she didn't come to church... I’m a little bitter about it. She promised the Lord and us she wouldn't miss church. It would be fine if she had a good reason, but she was "just busy" that's all she said. We think she was doing something with her many many boyfriends, or maybe working... even though she's never worked on Sunday before... and she hasn't been meeting us... I’m a little bummed, but am going to try super hard this week to help her realize the importance of church. 

Saturday we had a water festival party for the ward and it was so fun. We just ate curry together and just talked. I loved it!!! This ward is so much fun. Really creating great memories with them!!! Sunday was good with them as well. We ate left over curry after church while Sister Luke said her goodbyes to everyone. Got some good pics. (: oh, I am staying in PCT for my last transfer with a sister named Sister Benson. She just finished training, so still pretty new, but I am way excited!!!! Sister Luke is going to BB and being a STL. I’m a little jealous actually, but she'll do so good!!!

I don't really know what else to say, so I guess this is it. (: 

Love you all so much!!!

Love, 
Sister Loftus 
Double D 




Getting started with Srei Sarts (dressing up like Khmers)



Sister Loftus as a Khmer



Sister Loftus' Khmer tiara




Sister Loftus and her missionary badge




Sister Hall, Sister Luke and Sister Loftus.  Yes, it is Sister Loftus in the lime green. Look closely!




Dominos pizza-yummy



Soup!!!




Sister Loftus eating soup with chicken feet




Sister Luke eating soup too



Sister Luke when she found out she was being transferred!



Hanging out with the ward


More ward photos



More...




 And more.

No comments:

Post a Comment