Monday, August 15, 2016

Gonna Catch Em All

Dear Family and Friends,


The subject of this email is a shout out to all of you who are obsessed with the new Pokémon game and it is a perfect description of my week. That is exactly how I feel. I just kind of bike around looking at these poorly drawn maps hoping that I am lead to the less actives that I am trying to find. And then if/when I find them I think to myself "wow, what a success." haha 

This week has been the longest week of my life (she has said this before, sorry). So forgive me if it's kind of all over the place... I don't really know what I’m doing.  Monday and Tuesday, Sister Soem and I said goodbyes to all the members... I didn't realize how much I had grown to love all of them and the area. Each person I said goodbye to I felt like part of my heart was being ripped out... it was A LOT harder than I thought it was going to be and then when we left the church on Tuesday night for the last time I just started bawling.... SMC is home. 

Wednesday was full of traveling... and getting my new koon (goon, child,). She is a mini missionary, just serving 2 weeks. She is 18 and from Kompong Thom and super hard to understand... her accent. It kills me. All the members were giving her crap about it at church and I was just laughing. You know it's bad when even a native speaker can't understand you. (: haha but we just kind of threw ourselves into the area... hoping everything would work itself out. 

Whitewashing has been interesting. Our area is special because the elders and sisters are BOTH whitewashing so we have 4 missionaries who know NOTHING about the area. haha Luckily the sister that was serving there before, Sister Hall, is still in the house with us, so she has taken some time to show us some of the houses. If we didn't have her, there would be NO way to find some of these people. My brain has been tested a lot this past week. I get shown about 10 new houses each day and, surprisingly, I’ve been able to remember most of them. BLESSINGS!!!!!! 

Huge Miracle. I was looking through the CBR book and I found the CBR of a less active from my birth area, Tuek La?ak. Her name is Bong Nida. I went and found her and she gave me the biggest hug. Before she wouldn't let the sisters go teach her, but while we were there she told me she wants me to start coming twice a week. So cool!!!! I am way excited to start working with her again and helping her start doing what the lord wants her to do. She has a very young family, so it will change her life and well as theirs. I know that I’m supposed to be serving here in Pochentong. The lord has a plan for everything!!! 

I know this email is way short, but not much has happened. Oh, we do have four investigators with a baptismal date and two others that are progressing and three potential, so that's a huge change from all my other areas. haha I’m way pumped!! Hopefully I don't mess anything up. Hopefully they all end up getting baptized and become super strong members. (: We actually have a baptism this Sunday, so holla. How cool is that? I met her yesterday and she is so good!!!! The missionaries that served here in the past met a lot with the members, so we've got our work cut out for us with finding less actives. I'm actually really excited. (: 

There's one area that is way far away and it goes right past the airport, so that's interesting... makes me trunky but also helps me realize that I don't ever want to go home. I didn't know something could do both things at once... we'll see if I get more used to planes flying right over my head all day long. (: 

Love, 
Sister Loftus 
Double D

picture at top-
the best cupcakes ever!!!





the best youth ever!!!!



the best district ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment