Monday, August 1, 2016

Everything Has Changed

Dear Family and Friends, 

Well, this week went by in the blink of an eye. I feel like just yesterday I was emailing you guys. Time needs to SLOW DOWN!!!!! First off, Congrats to Hayden and Michelle LOFTUS; he's married. He actually did it. (; I’m so proud of them and couldn't be happier to call M (Michelle) my sister. Love them so much. Second, those three "investigators" that we got last week, yeah, they were a false alarm. We went to teach them and they ran away from us... I was really bummed but realized that the lord hasn't prepared time for them yet. One day it will come, but it won't be with me.

I was able to go on an exchange with Sister Semones, my MTC companion, this past week. I love her. Talk about a blast from the past. That was such a cool experience for many reasons. Their area is so full of work and the people are amazing. Helped me get a fire and desire to come back and help my area. It's the coolest thing to see the gift of tongues kick in when you are comps with an American. It still works when you're with a Khmer, but not as much because they are native speakers, but whenever I am with an American I can understand everything and know exactly what they need to hear. I don't stumble over my words or anything. It just flows. You could say that we were a power companionship thanks to the spirit. We have grown so much since the days of the MTC. Sometimes it's hard to see your personal progress because as a missionary you are changing little by little every day, but seeing her and how good she is at the language and how much she has grown helped me realize that I had grown so much too; such a huge blessing from the Lord. Also, Sister Lines is incredible. She bears her testimony so powerful. She’s gonna change lives on her mission. (: 

So since we lost those three "investigators" we are left with two-Ming Sophy and Kim Hua. We had two interesting lessons with Ming Sophy. Lesson 3 was going really well, until we started talking about baptism and the priesthood. She can't accept the fact that women don't have it... we tried to tell her that if she tried to increase her faith things would start making sense and she'd see this was how Heavenly Father planned it to be.  She wouldn't listen. Then we met her on Thursday and she told us that she has been listening to the monks... that lesson all she did was fight against everything she said. Sister Soem has decided that we are going to drop her. I don't really have a say in the decision, but we'll see if we keep her around this week or not. Then there's Kim Hua, the cousin of the boyfriend of the missionary. She seems really good, but we weren't able to meet her this past week. She lives way far away and can only meet us at night, so if we went we wouldn't have been home on time, but we called her.... turns out she is like 19, married, and has a 3 year old kid. BLEW MY MIND. But that doesn't change much. We are still going to teach her and I have the faith that she is going to progress and be SO good. (: Oh, I just remembered, yesterday we got a referral from the wife of the second counselor in our bishopric. She came to church and she seems really interesting, so we'll start meeting her this week. The Lord is preparing the way for us here. It's just definitely in his Time. (: I’m learning patience. Oh, also, we had more lessons with members this past week than we did with less actives and investigators.... haha. I don't think that has ever happened on my mission. There is a first for everything. (: 

Saturday was Pioneer Day round two... it was exhausting... we helped the missionaries in the other wards with their party and somehow they volunteered to make the food. Chili. We made 140 kilos of chili. It was ridiculous. Took us over 6 hours. I can't even put it into words. It was an experience I’m glad I had, but just let me say that I’m way grateful for ward parties in America. (: I never want to eat chili again.... 

Here’s a quick update on my studies. I've been reading in Helaman and Third Nephi. I was studying the prophecies of Samuel the Lamanite. He's the coolest ever. But he taught so much about repentance and light. Read Helaman 14:30 and 15:7.  Also, conference talks to read 1. The Price of the Priesthood.  Go read this talk and you will receive your own revelation. It’s so good and you can learn so much about the priesthood for boys; you can learn how you can better fulfill your priesthood responsibilities and duties.  For girls you can learn how you can receive blessings from the priesthood. I loved it 2. Do I Believe? So good, so so so good. Here's a quote.   

"We believe that this Church is more than just a good place to go on Sundays and learn how to be a good person. It is more than just a lovely Christian social club 
where we can associate with people of good moral standing.  It is not just a great set of ideas that parents can teach their children at home so they will be responsible, nice people.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is infinitely more than all these things. 

How blessed we are to be members in this wonderful church. I love it so much.  That's my week in a wrap. Just a heads up -next week is transfers. Where will I go? No one knows... I don't even think President does yet. (: 

Love you all so much!!! 

Love, 
Sister Loftus 
Double D 




Sister Loftus and Sister Semones




Sister Semones, Sister Loftus, and Sister Lines



Making 140 kilos chili



Ingredients for chili



Cooking chili



Elders looking pirates



Pioneer Day "take two" with other ward

No comments:

Post a Comment