Sunday, January 8, 2017

Last and Final Email #HOME

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, it's over. The best, and hardest, 18 months of my life are over. I honestly can't express the gratitude that I have for my mission. It changed my life and me. I know I’m still really young, but I feel like I aged about 10 years on my mission. I learned so much about charity, love, patience, humility, trust, basically all the important things in life I’ve learned at least a little bit about over the past 18 months. I was privileged to serve in the best mission in the world, you can argue that your mission is better, but you're gonna lose. Cambodia really is the best place in this world-the people, the food, the culture, the heat, and most importantly, the LOVE. It's home and since being back in America, I’ve missed it terribly, especially with all this snow and all this English (:, but missing it has helped me learn even more from the Khmers. I think I will continue learning from their examples for the rest of my life. and for that I am so grateful.

I'm also so grateful for each of you and the support, love, and prayers that you have given in my behalf over this crazy journey. I know I couldn't have done it without you. You guys supported me before my mission, through my mission, and I know that you'll be there for whatever else life throws my way after the mission. Thank you so much!!! That being said, I’m so excited to apply all the many many lessons that I learned and I can't wait to see what experience I get to have next. I know now that I can do anything with the Lord's help. If I only learned one thing on my mission (which I didn't, I learned so much more!!!) it's that the Lord is always there to help us. He wants us to succeed so badly. That’s really all he wants in life. That's the reason we have the plan of salvation, a loving Heavenly Father, a Savior and older brother who loves each of us so much, His Atonement, the commandments, the Book of Mormon, trials, challenges, etc. Everything in this life works together for our good. It may not seem like it in the moment, but in the end our joy will exceed our sorrow. In fact our sorrow will be swallowed up in our JOY. The whole reason we are here on earth. JOY. Find it. I know this church is true and that Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father love us more than we can even comprehend. We just need to trust them and everything will be okay. (: 

Thank you so much!!! 

Love, 
Sister Loftus
Double D 




Returning Sister Loftus and Mom, so happy



Sister Loftus and brothers, Hayden and Sawyer



Sister Loftus and Sawyer



Sister Loftus and Dad, content



Sister Loftus and name tag


Sister Loftus and family at the airport 


No comments:

Post a Comment